- This event has passed.
Leading Faithfully: Mobilizing Clergy to Help Respond to Elder Abuse
May 2, 2019 @ 8:30 am - 2:00 pm
May 2, 2019 | Benjamin Rose Institute
Community clergy are often left out of discussions of elder justice, but may be the first individuals who may become aware of elder abuse or exploitation in their faith communities. This educational offering will help “connect the dots” for the faith leaders that serve communities across Ohio.
Who Should Attend?
- Clergy (of all faith traditions)
- Church staff
- Lay ministers/volunteers
- Identify risk factors that may make individuals more vulnerable to victimization
- Define elder abuse and recognize examples of abuse
- Identify responsibility to know resources and help neighbors in our own faith community
- Learn at least two ways to respond to suspected elder abuse
Kim Vesey, RN, BSN, MS, CHPN
Chief Mission Officer
Rev. Beth Long-Higgins, M.Div
Ruth Parker Center for Abundant Aging
Benjamin Rose Institute
11890 Fairhill Road
Cleveland, OH 44120
8:30 to 9:00 a.m. Registration and Breakfast
9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Program and Lunch
To register online, go to LeadingAgeOhio.org. Click on Education and scroll to May 2 to see the event.
Download the event flyer and paper registration form here.
View the entire calendar of Leading Faithfully events here.
Please note: You must register online to pay by credit card.