Many neighbors and friends in our larger communities have asked how they can support older adults who are practicing social distancing in their homes or in our skilled nursing and assisted living communities. Our community teams are already implementing creative ways to engage residents one-on-one to prevent loneliness and keep residents connected to loved ones while reducing the risk of exposure to the novel coronavirus.
United Church Homes will gratefully accept donations from local groups, religious communities and individuals of the following items:
- Books, especially large-print editions
- Magazines, especially National Geographic and those with large, colorful pictures
- Word searches
- Other individual games
- Coloring supplies: adult coloring books, coloring pencils, crayons and gel pens
- Construction paper
- Notecards, stationery and stamps
- Grab bags or drawstring bags
- Pads of paper, mini Jenga, playing cards, dice, craft kits
If you know a resident, please let us know, and we will give letters and donations to them. However, due to privacy concerns, we can’t share residents’ names. We also appreciate unaddressed letters to share with residents.
Please call the UCH community closest to you to set up arrangements for getting your donation to our residents. Thank you in advance for your generosity!