This year, eight recipients were selected and each received a $2,500 scholarship. The following individuals were selected:
- Serenity Hooper (Dependent of employee) — Melinda Hooper, Unit Manager at Fairhaven Community
- Rachel Morgan (Employee) — STNA, Harmar Place
- Chelsea Oliver (Employee) — STNA, Patriot Ridge
- Julian Pelfrey (Dependent of employee) — Jean Pelfrey, STNA at Fairhaven Community
- Kay Pennington (Employee) — Unit Lead/Medication Assistant at Pilgrim Manor
- Chelsea Pottle (Dependent of employee) — Jackie Porter, Director of Nursing at Patriot Ridge Community
- Abigail Young (Dependent of employee) — Ken Young, Central Office
- Chloe Balis (Dependent of employee) — Nancy Balis, Central Office
Scott Slutz, vice president of Human Resources, said United Church Homes is thrilled to offer an annual scholarship to staff members and their dependents.
He said the scholarship that began after a donation from philanthropist Ruth Frost Parker, along with other workforce development initiatives, exemplifies the organization’s commitment to investing into current and future employees.
“One of United Church Homes’ most important strategic initiatives is developing and enhancing the capabilities of our current and future leaders,” Slutz said.
About United Church Homes: United Church Homes has been “Celebrating the Spirit” of seniors for more than a century. The nonprofit, faith-based organization is one of the largest providers of senior living, with more than 1,500 dedicated staff serving 4,500 residents of all faiths in 70 senior living communities throughout 14 states and two Native American nations. UCH is in covenant with the United Church of Christ and welcomes residents of all faiths.
Contact: United Church Homes Communications Department, 740-382-4885.