Donors and volunteers gathered as United Church Homes (UCH) honored several impactful benefactors to its communities. The awards ceremonies were held in Upper Sandusky, Sandusky, and Marietta, Ohio throughout the course of the summer.
The Diakonkie, The Spirit Award and the Ben M. Herbster awards were given to those who exemplified giving in abundance.
The Fairhaven Community
- Diakonie Award – Lytton Zion United Church of Christ, Delta
- Spirit Award – The Fairhaven Community Volunteer Service Group
- Ben M. Herbster Award – James L. Henry
The Parkvue Community
- Diakonie Award – United Church of Christ, Congregational Vermilion
- Spirit Award – Rebecca Waldock
- Ben M. Herbster – Dr. E. Anne Eddowes (not pictured)
The Glenwood Community
“We are grateful for each donor who has given to these communities, especially to those who give exceedingly, either with time or resources so it is a pleasure to host events like these where these individuals can be honored,” said Gloria Hurwitz, Vice President of Advancement at United Church Homes.
In attendance at the dinner receptions was President and Chief Executive Officer of United Church Homes, Rev. Dr. Kenneth Daniel and several employees from their respective communities and United Church Homes.