If you’re native to Grand Rapids, Michigan, you are probably familiar with Pilgrim Manor, a United Church Homes community. However, it’s not likely you have explored getting to know more about Pilgrim Manor, unless you or someone you love are considering a move to an assisted living community.
For those just beginning to look into assisted living, there can be a lot to learn and research. To make the process easier, we’ve narrowed down the top five reasons residents choose to move to Pilgrim Manor.
- Pilgrim Manor is a senior living community conveniently located in northeast Grand Rapids, just minutes from downtown. Our picturesque campus is a short walk from many cultural attractions, including the beautiful and renowned Frederik Meijer Gardens, a 158-acre botanical garden and outdoor sculpture park. Many residents tell us they choose Pilgrim Manor for our location as well as the other reasons mentioned below.
- Individualized care. Our community is known for person-focused care in a casual, comfortable environment. Pilgrim Manor offers multiple levels of care, from “light” assisted living for those who don’t require much help, to true assisted living for individuals needing a bit more support. We also offer memory care, short-term rehabilitation and long-term care. This all means you can remain comfortably at home at Pilgrim Manor even if your health and care needs change.
- Friendly and welcoming culture. Every person at Pilgrim Manor, whether resident or staff, is part of making our community so warm, welcoming and friendly. Everyone is treated like a valued neighbor and friend. This is a common characteristic of United Church Homes communities, and we’re pleased to share that compassionate and contagious spirit here at Pilgrim Manor. You’ll feel the difference as soon as you visit us.
- Memory care. The team at Pilgrim Manor is especially proud of our person-focused Garden Grove memory care neighborhood and the help and hope we provide to families of loved ones diagnosed with Alzheimer’s or dementia-related conditions. Our attentive staff, peaceful living arrangements and 24/7 Comfort Matters® philosophy of care improve the quality of life and minimize stress for residents living with these conditions.
- Independent living amenities. Whether it’s dining at our Cherry Street Bistro, enjoying the outdoor courtyard and patio, taking some sun in our four-seasons porch or getting dolled up at our in-house beauty salon and barber shop, residents at Pilgrim Manor enjoy the finest in day to day amenities. The community also has a full-time chaplain and chapel, a gift shop and general store, a library and both a hobby room and computer room. Whatever activities you enjoyed at home, you can enjoy here at Pilgrim Manor — and with the added benefit of like-minded friends and neighbors.
If you’re interested in learning more about assisted living at Pilgrim Manor, please call 614.458.1133 or contact us today.