At United Church Homes, Residents Remain at the Heart of Our Commitment to Quality
Servant Leadership Drives Us to Provide Better Experiences for Residents
At United Church Homes, we treat everyone with dignity and respect. We focus on caring for the whole person — physically, emotionally and spiritually. Our staff undergoes extensive training to ensure residents are comfortable and encouraged to exercise choice in their care and activities. We pursue quality awards and participate in benchmarking programs to chart our progress toward creating abundant life for residents.
- Opening Minds through Art pairs residents with trained volunteers to build bridges across age and cognitive barriers through art and self-expression.
- Comfort Matters® is an innovative dementia care education and research program designed to offer a holistic approach to improving the quality of care and quality of life for older adults living with Alzheimer’s and other dementia-related conditions. All UCH communities already have, or are in the process of, attaining accreditation in this proven care approach that focuses on knowing the person, including their past history, routines, likes and dislikes, and using this information to anticipate their needs to ensure comfort.
- Eversound wireless headphones enable residents to socialize and participate in community activities. This improves quality of life across the board as people become more active and engaged because they are able to hear better.
National Quality Award Program
Our communities have learned and developed effective approaches to improving performance and healthcare outcomes, through progressive programs, such as the American Health Care Association (AHCA) and the National Center for Assisted Living (NCAL) National Quality Award Program. We are honored to serve you and your loved ones with exceptional quality care.
Find an award winning UCH care community near you:
Bronze — Commitment to Quality Award
Communities undergoing continuous improvement in quality care
Silver — Achievement in Quality Award
Communities learning and developing effective approaches that help improve performance and healthcare outcomes
We Value Everyone Who Lives and Works Within Our UCH Communities
Each United Church Homes employee receives extensive training on how to communicate with and provide compassionate care to those who live in our communities. This training centers around honoring our core values:
Learn More United Church Homes
Servant Leadership at Its Best
Without residents, UCH wouldn’t exist. We work in their homes and are here to serve them to the very best of our abilities. We developed our own hospitality program to live out our core values within our communities. This includes:
- Learning what’s important to each resident and finding ways to meet and promote that
- Encouraging residents to make their own choices
- Cultivating a culture of acceptance where residents are respected and everyone is welcomed
The I LIVE IT program is servant leadership at its best. It ensures every staff member embodies our hospitality philosophy.
This means we:
At UCH, we provide opportunities and encourage our employees and staff to grow in their leadership, skills and values. Through servant leadership, we are committed to the highest quality for residents.