United Church Homes Disclaimer
Information on this website is only intended as a free resource with a general summary of information that is made available to the public. It is not intended to provide specific medical, legal or other professional advice or take the place of written law or regulations. Information resources on this website are intended to help users better understand the United Church Homes, Inc. (hereafter, “UCH”, “We”, “Our”) provision of senior living and healthcare services without warranty, express or implied. Individuals are advised to consult with qualified healthcare providers for diagnosis and treatment and answers to personal healthcare questions.
We do not collect or disclose information that identifies or that can be used to identify you personally; however, we do collect non-personal information for aggregate study so that we may assess the effectiveness of specific sections, pages and features of our website. Included among these types of non-personal information are the number of visits to specific pages and the length of those visits, as well as the visitor IP addresses and browser information. We may use data obtained from cookies to tailor your experience at unitedchurchhomes.org, showing you content and advertising that may be of interest to you.
To request additional information, using the website’s Contact Us email form, you must provide your name and email address. Your name and email address will not be shared with any third parties. However, we do track the number of requests we have received for specific types of information via the Contact Us feature so we may determine what additional information we may want to include on our website in the future.
The website also allows you to submit an online resume in response to job openings that are posted on this website. By using this feature to submit your resume, you are automatically consenting to the reproduction, distribution, sharing and transmittal of your resume to the extent necessary to facilitate normal hiring practices of UCH position to which you have applied. We may share this information with any search firm we retain to assist us to fill those positions.
We also include links that allow you to pay online for services received at specific Communities. Payment information is submitted via these online bill payment features. If you use our bill payment feature, please read the privacy/security statements carefully.
For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, we employ software programs to monitor traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. In the event of authorized law enforcement investigations and pursuant to any required legal process, information from these sources may be used to identify an individual.
Reference on this website to any specific commercial products, process, service, manufacturer, company or trademark does not constitute its endorsement or recommendation. When visiting our website, your web browser may produce pop-up advertisements. These were most likely produced by other websites you visited or by third party software installed on your computer. UCH does not recommend or endorse products or services for which you may view a pop-up advertisement on your computer screen while visiting our site. By using our website, you consent, and we reserve the right, to use the data we collect from you as described in this privacy statement. Additionally, you consent and we reserve the right to use the data we collect from you in ways that are consistent with the then-current disclosed privacy statement regardless of when the data was collected for use.
Social Media Disclaimer:
- If you are a UCH employee, you must adhere to the Social Media Policy supplied. Failure to comply with this policy and procedure may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.
- You are prohibited from posting personal health information content, including resident images, on any UCH Social Media site. You are also prohibited from using the UCH Social Media site to provide medical advice or medical commentary or to make, recommend or increase referrals to providers and/or physicians.
- As a guest posting content to any UCH Social Media site on the internet, you agree that you will not:
- violate any HIPAA, local, state, federal and international laws and regulations, including but not limited to copyright and intellectual property rights laws regarding any content that you send or receive via this Policy;
- transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email, etc.) that is unlawful, viewed as malicious, obscene, threatening or intimidating, that disparage residents, employees, suppliers or that might constitute harassment or bullying. Examples of such conduct might include offensive posts meant to intentionally harm someone’s reputation or posts that could contribute to a hostile work environment on the basis of race, sex, disability, religion or other status protected by law or company policy;
- impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity; transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships;
- transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email, etc.) that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party;
- transmit (by uploading, posting, email, etc.) any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising (including advertising of non-UCH services or products or use of logo), promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes”;
- transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email, etc.) that contains software viruses, worms, disabling code, or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- collect or store, or attempt to collect or store, personal data about third parties without their knowledge or consent; or to share confidential pricing information of any party.
- UCH reserves the right to monitor, prohibit, restrict, block, suspend, terminate, delete, or discontinue your access to any UCH Social Media site, at any time, without notice, for any reason and at its sole discretion. UCH may remove, delete, block, filter or restrict by any other means any materials at its sole discretion. You understand and agree that UCH may disclose your communications and activities with UCH in response to lawful requests by governmental authorities, including Patriot Act requests, judicial orders, warrants or subpoenas, or for the protection of UCH rights. In the event that UCH exercises any of its rights hereunder for any reason, you agree that UCH will have no liability to you.
- By posting any content on any UCH Social Media site, you grant to UCH the irrevocable right to reproduce, distribute, publish, and display such content and the right to create derivative works from your content, edit or modify such content and use such content for any UCH purpose.
- You shall defend, indemnify, and hold UCH and its corporate affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees, contractors, agents, and successors harmless from and against, and shall promptly reimburse them for, any and all losses, claims, damages, settlements, costs, and liabilities of any nature whatsoever (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) to which any of them may become subject arising out of, based upon, as a result of, or in any way connected with, your posting of any content to a UCH site, any third party claims of infringement or any breach of this Policy.
- YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY RELATED TO THE SECURITY, PRIVACY, AND CONFIDENTIALITY RISKS INHERENT IN SENDING ANY CONTENT OVER THE INTERNET. BY ITS VERY NATURE, A WEBSITE AND THE INTERNET CANNOT BE ABSOLUTELY PROTECTED AGAINST INTENTIONAL OR MALICIOUS ATTEMPTS.UCH DOES NOT CONTROL THE THIRD PARTY SITES AND THE INTERNET OVER WHICH YOU MAY CHOOSE TO SEND CONFIDENTIAL PERSONAL OR HEALTH INFORMATION OR OTHER CONTENT AND, THEREFORE, UCH DOES NOT WARRANT ANY SAFEGUARD AGAINST ANY SUCH INTERCEPTIONS OR COMPROMISES TO YOUR INFORMATION. WHEN POSTING ANY CONTENT ON AN INTERNET SITE, YOU SHOULD THINK CAREFULLY ABOUT YOUR OWN PRIVACY IN DISCLOSING DETAILED OR PRIVATE INFORMATION ABOUT YOURSELF AND YOUR FAMILY. FURTHERMORE, UCH DOES NOT ENDORSE ANY PRODUCT, SERVICE, VIEWS OR CONTENT DISPLAYED ON ANY UCH SOCIAL MEDIA SITE.
- You agree that any claim or dispute relating to your posting of any content on a UCH Social Media site on the internet shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Ohio without regard to its conflict of laws or provisions, and you agree to be bound and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the local, state or federal agencies and/or courts.
- You may not provide any content to a UCH Social Media site that contains any product or service endorsements or any content that may be construed as political lobbying, solicitations or contributions; or use any UCH Social Media site to link to any sites or political candidates or parties; or use any UCH Social Media site to discuss political campaigns or for taking a position on any legislation or law.
- The opinions and or views expressed on any UCH social media platform, including, but not limited to, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube, blogs, represent the thoughts of individual bloggers and online communities, and not those necessarily of UCH or any of its corporate affiliates or any of their respective directors, officers, employees, research staff, medical staff or members of its respective board of directors. The opinions and views expressed on these pages do not in any way reflect the views of the site they are posted on, other sites affiliated with the site, the staff involved with maintaining the site or any members of the site.
If you feel that we are not abiding by this privacy statement or if you have any questions you should contact us immediately via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.