Bringing The Longfellow Commons Community to Life!
A Welcoming Place to Live Abundantly
The dream is The LONGFELLOW COMMONS Community, a creative, just, innovative and safe, independent living community in Dayton, Ohio. This project, developed by United Church Homes, will be the highlight of the downtown area, topping out around $50,000,000. As impressive as that sounds, it is the vision of this inspiring community that is most exciting. And we need your support to make it better than we imagine! The more we raise, the more inspiring and accessible it will be by making rent more affordable.
The Vision: To transform aging by building a culture of community, wholeness and peace.
We are passionate about this bold vision. With your help, this historic preservation project will support urban revitalization in an area of Dayton that has been underserved. Together, we will reclaim and transform a historic school, nestled in Grafton Hill. This transformation will create community where neighbors can live their best days in a fun, inclusive and thriving community.
The Longfellow Commons Community is the perfect project for this time and place.
The Longfellow Commons Community will use architecture, design and services to provide for the individual needs of the surrounding area, age 55+, including LGBTQ+ residents. Private and common spaces will address personal safety, wellness, social connections and fulfillment of the dream of living happily and accepted in later life.
Under Construction – Demo Day
So Much Great News
- Dayton Business Journal: Owner shares latest design concepts for new community near downtown Dayton (PDF attached)
- Dayton Daily News: CareSource donates $1M toward LGBT-friendly senior living facility in Dayton
- WDTN TV: Longfellow School to be redeveloped into senior housing community (video)
- Health Payer Intelligence: CareSource Addresses LGBTQA+ Housing Social Determinants of Health Barriers
- Seniors Housing Business: United Church Homes Plans 126-Unit Longfellow Commons LGBTQ-Friendly Community in Dayton, Ohio
- Yahoo Life: CareSource Donates $1 Million to Support Innovative Redevelopment of Former Longfellow School Property
With your help we can make The Longfellow Commons Community a vibrant place to live abundantly!